Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5, 2010 - Day One

As I was driving to school today I was thinking to myself I really should start journaling again, then I thought I really should work on my book that I keep starting. However both of these, although good past times, are futile. Then I thought maybe I would start a blog. Maybe if I tell my story in a place were people may read it I would continue to write it and who knows what will happen. So here it goes.

I am a wife of 21 years, I have 2 children a son 20 and a daughter 16, and currently I am in school full time at Oakland University working towards a Bachelors of Arts degree concentration in Vocal Music along with a Judaic Studies Minor.

Currently my life is filled with studying, practicing piano and guitar, trying to find time to go to the gym so I can take off these extra pounds I have put on and spend time with my family.

I have a wonderful exchange student from Denmark living with us. She will be going home soon and that makes me sad.

Today my day was pretty uneventful. Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in about 3 months so I was a little sore this morning. I decided to take my two dogs for a walk, so I stretched and took them for a 2 mile walk, they need to loose weight also but I didn't realize how bad until one of them started to walk slower than me. Anyway we made it home and I did some homework, took a shower, and left for school. I am taking Basic Biology and today was the second day of class, we are talking about the make-up of cells and how they function in our bodies. We had to do a little experiment at the end of class to measure our heart rate, we had to measure our pulse then jog up and down 2 flights of stairs and then measure our pulse again. Not a big deal right? Wrong! Not such a big deal if you are 18 and physically active, however when you are 43 with arthritis in both knees and over weight it is pretty difficult. But I did it, then I drove home and beside making dinner I have been a vegetable the rest of the night except for making this blog.

That was my day, I hope you had a great day and thank you for listening.

Mamma O.

No comments:

Post a Comment